Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Law, Leases and Leasing, Finance Law, Real Estate Title & Escrow, Estate Planning, Corporations, and Commercial Litigation. Issuing Agent: Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (B.A., 1979), Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity;
- University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., 1982), Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity.
- Hatcher Title & Escrow Agency, Inc. – 1989 to Present. President.
- Duncan, Hatcher, Holland & Fleenor, P.C. – 2002 to Present. President and Managing Partner.
- B. Paul Hatcher, Attorney at Law – 1989-2002
- Provident Life & Accident Insurance Company – 1983-1989
- Witt, Waters & Valliant, P.A. – 1980-1983
Author of Landlord-Tenant Law (Copyright 2011-2017); Contributing author of The World War II Desk Reference (Harper-Collins, 2004); Present or past contributing writer for WWII History magazine, The Hamilton County Herald, The Chattanooga Times-Free Press and The Chattanooga Pulse.
President’s Award, Chattanooga Bar Association, 2013; Albert L. Hodge Volunteer Award, Chattanooga Bar Association, 2014; “Attorney for Justice” Certificate of Recognition by the Tennessee Supreme Court, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (since 2000); The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Admitted to practice in Tennessee and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee (1982).
Past President, Chattanooga Bar Association (2015); Board of Governors, Chattanooga Bar Association (2009 to 2017); Arbitrator, Chattanooga Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee (2005-2018, Co-Chair, 2013-2018); Fellow, American Bar Foundation (2016-present); Member, American Bar Association, since 1982; Tennessee Bar Association, since 1989; Chattanooga Bar Association, since 1989.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Licensed title insurance agent in Tennessee and Georgia;
- University of Tennessee Chattanooga English Department Alumni Committee;
- Present or former faculty speaker for Greater Chattanooga Association of Realtors, Tennessee Land Title Association, Sterling Education Services, Inc.,
- National Business Institute, the Chattanooga Bar Association, and the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association;
- Board of Directors, Chattanooga-Hamilton County Speech and Hearing Center (1990-2009).
Married to Bambi Hatcher for 32 years; daughters and sons: Traci, Dustin, Megan, Bonnie, and Andrew, all grown. Hobbies include music (piano), food and wine, and writing about legal, political and historical subjects.