Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Law, Leases and Leasing, Finance Law, Real Estate Title & Escrow, Estate Planning, Corporations, and Commercial Litigation. Issuing Agent: Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (B.A., 1979), Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity;
- University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., 1982), Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity.
- Hatcher Title & Escrow Agency, Inc. – 1989 to Present. President.
- Duncan, Hatcher, Holland & Fleenor, P.C. – 2002 to Present. President and Managing Partner.
- B. Paul Hatcher, Attorney at Law – 1989-2002
- Provident Life & Accident Insurance Company – 1983-1989
- Witt, Waters & Valliant, P.A. – 1980-1983
Author of Landlord-Tenant Law (Copyright 2011-2017); Contributing author of The World War II Desk Reference (Harper-Collins, 2004); Present or past contributing writer for WWII History magazine, The Hamilton County Herald, The Chattanooga Times-Free Press and The Chattanooga Pulse.
President’s Award, Chattanooga Bar Association, 2013; Albert L. Hodge Volunteer Award, Chattanooga Bar Association, 2014; “Attorney for Justice” Certificate of Recognition by the Tennessee Supreme Court, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018; AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (since 2000); The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Admitted to practice in Tennessee and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee (1982).
Past President, Chattanooga Bar Association (2015); Board of Governors, Chattanooga Bar Association (2009 to 2017); Arbitrator, Chattanooga Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee (2005-2018, Co-Chair, 2013-2018); Fellow, American Bar Foundation (2016-present); Member, American Bar Association, since 1982; Tennessee Bar Association, since 1989; Chattanooga Bar Association, since 1989.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Licensed title insurance agent in Tennessee and Georgia;
- University of Tennessee Chattanooga English Department Alumni Committee;
- Present or former faculty speaker for Greater Chattanooga Association of Realtors, Tennessee Land Title Association, Sterling Education Services, Inc., National Business Institute, the Chattanooga Bar Association, and the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association;
- Board of Directors, Chattanooga-Hamilton County Speech and Hearing Center (1990-2009).
Married to Bambi Hatcher for 32 years; daughters and sons: Traci, Dustin, Megan, Bonnie, and Andrew, all grown. Hobbies include music (piano), food and wine, and writing about legal, political and historical subjects.