“Never never never quit.”
– Winston S. Churchill
B. Paul Hatcher
Attorney At Law
Commercial and Residential Real Estate Law; Title & Escrow; Commercial Lending; Leases and Leasing; Estate Planning; Corporations; Commercial Litigation.
Paul is a licensed real estate title insurance agent.
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (B.A., 1979), Lambda Chi Alpha Fraternity;
- University of Tennessee College of Law (J.D., 1982), Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity.
- Hatcher Title & Escrow Agency, Inc. – 1989 to Present. President.
- Duncan, Hatcher, Holland & Fleenor, P.C. – 2002 to Present. President and Managing Partner.
- B. Paul Hatcher, Attorney at Law – 1989-2002
- Provident Life & Accident Insurance Company – 1983-1989
- Witt, Waters & Valliant, P.A. – 1980-1983
Author of Landlord-Tenant Law (Copyright 2011-2017); Contributing author of The World War II Desk Reference (Harper-Collins, 2004); Present or past contributing writer for WWII History magazine, The Hamilton County Herald, The Chattanooga Times-Free Press and The Chattanooga Pulse.
President’s Award, Chattanooga Bar Association, 2013; Albert L. Hodge Volunteer Award, Chattanooga Bar Association, 2014; Certificate of Recognition by the Tennessee Supreme Court: “Attorney for Justice”, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019; AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory; The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Licensed to practice law in Tennessee and U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee (1982).
Past President, Chattanooga Bar Association (2015); Board of Governors, Chattanooga Bar Association (2009 to 2017); Arbitrator, Chattanooga Bar Association Fee Dispute Committee (2005-present, Co-Chair, 2013-present); Fellow, American Bar Foundation (2016-present); Member, American Bar Association, since 1982; Tennessee Bar Association, since 1989; Chattanooga Bar Association, since 1989.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Member, American Land Title Association. Licensed title insurance agent in Tennessee and Georgia;
- University of Tennessee Chattanooga English Department Alumni Committee;
- Present or former faculty speaker for Greater Chattanooga Association of Realtors, Tennessee Land Title Association, Sterling Education Services, Inc., National Business Institute, the Chattanooga Bar Association, and the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association;
- Board of Directors, Chattanooga-Hamilton County Speech and Hearing Center (1990-2009).
Married to Bambi Hatcher for 33 years; daughters and sons: Traci, Dustin, Megan, Bonnie, and Andrew, all grown. Hobbies include music (piano), food and wine (CSW), and writing about legal, political and historical subjects.